Transcripts & Getting Your Degree



For Graduates and Undergraduates

Many students go on to read for further degrees, or for professional training, and are often asked to provide an academic transcript.

Centrally produced University transcripts are now in place from the Examinations and Assessments section for all students who commenced their studies in Michaelmas Term 2007, and have completed their programme of study (course). These transcripts have been posted out to students using the 'home address' collected at Registration through Student Self Service.

Students who have received a central automated transcript from Examinations & Assessments are able to request further copies, details are available on the University website.

Students who commenced their studies prior to Michaelmas Term 2007 should continue to contact us for transcripts as below.

For other students the Academic Office can provide a statement giving details of dates of attendance, degree course(s), examinations taken, marks achieved and degree class. This is normally accepted as sufficient evidence.

If you are a current, or former, Pembroke student and require such a document please email the Academic Office 

For Visiting Students

Transcripts for visiting students are compiled by the Academic Office and Dean of Visiting Students and include reports and grades from tutors on each course undertaken during the academic year. These transcripts are sent to the students' home universities by 31 July of each year, provided all outstanding charges to the college are paid in full.

Getting Your Degree

Taught course students will receive an email invitation from the University's Degree Conferrals Office towards the end of Michaelmas term of their final year with information about booking a degree ceremony. Research students will be contacted with potential degree ceremony dates once they have been granted leave to supplicate.   

If you completed your studies before Trinity Term 2013, and wish to have your degrees conferred, either in person or in absentia, please contact the Academic Office for further information and to book a ceremony. Please be aware that ceremonies usually become fully booked several months in advance of the ceremony date.

The University website has further information regarding the processess and arrangements of degree ceremonies.


Those in possession of a BA or BFA may apply to receive their MA seven years after matriculating. In Oxford (as in Cambridge), the status of Master of Arts is a mark of seniority within the University which may be conferred twenty-one terms after matriculation. The Oxford MA is about reaching a new status within the University, it therefore has no subject or class.

Due to demand for spaces at ceremonies, MA are usually conferred in absentia. Pembroke, along with most other Oxford Colleges, collects a £40 fee from each MA candidate to pass on to the University. Please contact the for further information. 

Degree Certificates

Degree certificates are issued automatically by the University following a degree ceremony, and are sent via post. Each graduate is entitled to one copy free of charge of a standard certificate for each degree which has been formally conferred on them, whether in person or in absence.

Additional copies of Degree Certificates cannot be ordered, however if your Degree Certificate is lost, stolen or damaged, you can order a replacement certificate at a cost of £30. This can be done via the University website where you can also find further information on certificates. Please note that certificates can only be applied for after your degree has been conferred.

Contacts for further queries regarding degree certificates: 
Telephone: +44 (0)1865 286213