- Undergraduate Admissions+
- Arabic, Persian & Turkish+
- Economics and Management+
- English & Modern Languages
- European & Middle Eastern Languages
- Experimental Psychology+
- Hebrew & Jewish Studies
- History & Economics
- History & English+
- History & Modern Languages
- History & Politics+
- Maths & Philosophy
- Modern Languages+
- Modern Languages & Linguistics
- Philosophy & Modern Languages
- Philosophy & Theology+
- Theology & Oriental Studies
- Theology & Religion
- Graduate Admissions+
- Visiting Students+
- Access & Outreach+
- The McGowin Library+
- Open Days
- Celebrating Success 2020
Baptisms, Weddings & Civil Partnerships
The Damon Wells Chapel is available on application for baptisms, weddings and thanksgiving services after civil marriages for current students, alumni, staff and Fellows, subject to limited availability.
If you are interested in the possibility of having your wedding service at Pembroke, the following information is important:
- The Chapel is not licenced for weddings, so marriages may be conducted only if a Special Licence is granted by the Archbishop of Canterbury. This means that it is not within the College’s gift to marry everyone who requests to be married here. Please seek the agreement of the College through the Chaplain before you approach the Archbishop.
- There are a number of legal and other costs associated with being married in the College Chapel, and if you want a minister of your own you should be aware that you are responsible for her or his traveling expenses and any expenses of office s/he may charge. Any visiting officiating minister should be a clerk in holy orders in good standing with the Church of England (or a church in full communion with it).
- All couples with an affiliation to the Chapel are most welcome to approach the Chaplain with regard to support and counsel within their relationship.
- Should you wish to hold a post-ceremony celebration at Pembroke, we may able to offer a drinks reception and or wedding breakfast, subject to availability.
- Please be mindful that due to our commitments as a working College we are restricted in what we can offer as a wedding venue. To avoid disappointment we will discuss all your expectations in detail before confirming whether we are able to take your booking.
If you think you qualify to hold your wedding service at Pembroke and would like further information about fees, availability, licences, a reception or any other details, please complete our enquiry form: Wedding Enquiry Form
If you are interested in a baptism, please contact the Chaplain: The Revd Dr Andrew Teal email@example.com