Broadgates

Built in the 15th century, Broadgates Hall was the precursor to Pembroke College, originally providing accommodation for law students. Since the foundation of Pembroke College in 1624, the surviving part of Broadgates Hall has had various uses including College refectory and kitchens until 1848, when the present Hall was built, and College Library until 1974 when it was converted for use as part of the Senior Common Room.